To further develop our children’s spiritual development, we also share weekly ‘Statements of Belief’. The thirty six statements based on nine guiding principles, are rooted in our Catholic Christian Faith. As well as promoting Catholic Life around school on daily basis they ensure that children and young people are given opportunities to:
- Hear the Christian story and encounter the person of Jesus.
- Understand their uniqueness as made in the image and likeness of God.
- Experience a sense of belonging within a range of communities, including the local Eucharistic community.
- Know, appreciate and understand the importance of social justice.
- Know that our limitations are also opportunities for growth.
- Understand the connection (wisdom) between knowledge and living.
- Know that everything has the opportunity to reveal God’s presence to us i.e. to see the divine in the ordinary.
- Forgive and be forgiven, to reconcile and be reconciled.
- Experience fun, humour, imagination, creativity, play and excitement in life.
The statements are shared with the children during Collective worship on a Monday which is led by our Year 6 Collective Worship Group, they are collected by a member of each year group and then placed in class. They are referred to and reflected upon during the week in each class.