Our school embraces Collective Worship and to ensure that this is of the highest possible standard, we provide ongoing liturgy planning support for staff & pupils alike; this is monitored and reviewed regularly to ensure we continually strive to improve our practice. Acts of Worship include:
- Monday whole school Act of Worship based on the Statement to Live by led by our Collective Worship group (CWs). The Year 6 School Council choose someone from the whole school that they think have lived out the Statement that week.; they provide the child with a certificate
- Tuesday class worship planned and led by Class Liturgy Teams. This is timetabled throughout the year to enable family and friends to attend.
- Wednesday whole school story assembly led by SLT. A story with a message or a meaning that the children can reflect on
- Thursday Hymnal Praise. This enables our children to deepen their faith through hymn singing; including a range of traditional and contemporary music, notable the work of John Burland, which we also use to complement our teaching of the Come and See programme of study. Hymnal Praise is led by our Music Lead Mrs Tucker
- Friday Celebration Assembly which provides pupils, staff and parents with the opportunity to celebrate the mission of our school to ‘learn with fun, friends, family and faith’. Achievements are celebrated both within and out of school. This has links to the liturgical year with a class leading a liturgy which could be based on a feast day, special season in the year or a Come and See topic such as other faiths. Families, friends and parishioners are invited to come along – they are always very well attended.